August 28, 2007

This is the story of how a little (and I mean little) girl from China made her way into our hearts.

Many months ago I had a dream. In this dream, there was a little girl following me around and people would say, " Your little girl is so pretty. What is her name?" I would answer them, "I can't remember her first name but her middle name is Abigail."

A few days later, my husband call me out to his home office and said, "Tonya, I just looked out toward the back yard and had a vision of a little dark haired girl running to me. I said, come to Daddy, Laura........" I just looked at him and said, "Her middle name is Abigail."

And thus, we were convinced that our little dark haired girl would come to us from China. So, we began looking at the Children's House International Waiting Children's list and there she was!! Little Fu Juan from Dingxi SWI in Gansu Province. And when I say little I mean little. She weighed 9 pounds at 4 months old. She has cleft lip and cleft palate. She celebrated her first birthday July 1, 2007.

We knew in our hearts that she would be the little girl that would complete our family. CHI agreed and we sent our Letter of Intent to China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) on April 14, 2007. We anxiously awaited CCAA's answer. On May 23, 2007 we got our Preliminary Approval from CCAA saying that we could proceed with the adoption process.

We worked diligently to get our paperwork in order and I would have been lost had it not been for my dear friend Kim Rutherford. She has been through the dossier process 4 times now and she held my hand through the entire process. We successfully completed our dossier and it was received at CCAA August 9, 2007. We are now awaiting our Letter of Acceptance for Laura Abigail Fu Juan Lindsey. Patience is a virtue I might add!!!

God has shown himself BIG throughout this entire process. So far, we have spent over $10,000. Believe me, it wasn't in our savings account because we don't have a savings account. But, we have had every penny we needed to fund Laura's adoption. God is faithful and wonderful and he will see this adoption to it's completion!!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Tonya,
This is the first time I read the story of your precious little Laura. How awesome that God named your child. As my 4 year old would say, "That's waaaaay cool!".

Laura is absolutely adorable!
Can't wait to see more photos and hear more about her.

Sharon