August 08, 2008






I do apologize for not posting since June. We have had a VERY busy summer. Our garden is rocking! I have canned beans, squash, squash relish, green tomato relish, rotel, tomatoes, jelly, peach butter and various fruit! There is a picture above of the shelves Meredith and the boys built for me to store all of our canned goods. That is only part of the crop!!! We have peas and beans in the freezer and more coming. We had watermelons and cantalope that were delicious!


We have been busy having fun making music, painting like indians, getting Laura's hearing aid, getting set up for ECI, just activity after activity. We just finished our first week of school and will go to the library this afternoon for more books.


So, I hope that is a good enough excuse for my not blogging in over a month. We have been so busy living life we haven't shared much of it!


Not to mention our poop incident Wednesday. Yep! One of those......poop all over the bed, face, body, mattress, bedding, hair..........I turned in my resignation as soon as I got Laura cleaned up. I told Meredith that I was quitting motherhood for the workforce! He refused my resignation, laughed, and asked me what was for dinner!!! He really knows how to handle my emotional outbursts........he knows that I love and treasure my job and that I would never quit! I know that I must be getting those servant jewels in my heavenly crown!!!! After a little while, the pains of motherhood had been all forgotten and I was back in business. No pictures taken of course! You just have to trust me!
In the 2nd pic, Laura is posing with Meredith's cap. Something she loves to find it and put it on her head. Get a load of those teeth. She had 7 when we got her and she has 18 now!
We had our 6 month post placement visit last Saturday and it suprised me at how much she had developed in just 6 months. 6 months, WOW!
In the third picture, Meredith and Bradley took a little time off working to make some beautiful music. I wish I had time to get them a recording contract! They are really good.
The 4th pic is of a beautiful peach pie that Lela and I made from fresh peaches. We also had homemade ice cream to go along with it.
The last pic is of John dressed as a warrior. He aspires to be an indian. He admires their bravery and wishes for their simple way of life of surviving off the land and making everything they used. He would love to go on a real indian buffalo hunt!
So, I hope you enjoy the pics and I hope to get back to regular blogging as soon as the garden is finished. But, Meredith has 2 greenhouses going up, so..........

3 comments:

Rebel said...

Loving the update! I have been busy... but not too busy to keep checking for this much anticipated update!!!

Your shelves look like "artwork" with all the jars of beautiful colors! How cool is that!

The kids look great!

Talk soon! From one Southerner to Another... Have a wonderful day!

Cheers, Rebel

marcy said...

So glad to see the update, yay! Your canned goods are amazing!
Laura is beautiful as always and I'm glad she's doing so well. Has she really been home 6 whole months??
Sorry we didn't get to meet up this summer...we ended up zooming through Texas with no time to spare. Hopefully we'll meet up sometime soon.
Thanks again for sharing your nice update.
Marcy in GU

Amy said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a very long time! Laura looks soooo good!! And I love your shelves with the jars!! I'm glad everything is going great with your beautiful family!!

Amy in Arizona
www.chinacaboose.blogspot.com