June 05, 2008

JOYFUL or LESS

I was just thinking (I know you all must think that I do that alot, and I do) about joy. A little while ago, as the kids were playing with these humongous (sp?) balloons, I decided to wear them as earrings. I have on this little pair of pearl studs (dollar store variety) so I put the earrings through the end of these huge white and blue balloons and wore them around the house. The kids giggled and giggled. They thought it was the funniest thing they had ever seen. It was!!!

Children are so full of joy. They are innocent and they love to be happy and to laugh about things. Why don't grown ups want to be full of joy? We meditate on our problems, some percieved and some real, until we are so joyLESS. And then, if we are really bad we suck the joy right out of our little kids too by grumbling and complaining about our life! How terrible. I know some problems are really bad, but how many of us REALLY have it bad?

If we only could realize that God is so good and loving. If we could just understand that our joy comes through our relationship of love and faith in Him, we could laugh and giggle just like the children. Problems would be placed in the Father's hands, our thoughts would transcend our physical surroundings, and peace and contentment would fill our hearts and minds.

Watch your children today. See how quickly they forgive an offense? See how something so small can create a cute smile on their face? See how a simple candy can heal a wound?

Where is your joy? Is it hiding in unforgiveness, disappointment, false expectations of people, pain or illness? Don't let Satan steal your joy. It's so fun to be happy! Lay those burdens down and the alter and let God have 'em. Have some fun with your happy kids today.

DO NOT SQUASH A GIGGLE OR A SMILE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GIVE UP YOUR UNHAPPINESS! YOU WILL BE SACRIFICING YOUR JOY AND THE JOY OF YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU DO!!

2 comments:

Chasity said...

Thanks for the reminder. The boys love to hear me laugh so hard I snort...makes their day. :P

traci said...

nothing makes me happier than to hear the full belly laughter coming from a child. i am so fortunate to have a child at my house with that type of laugh, and she is 11. bring on the joy. after all God is love and love is awesome...