February 17, 2008


Laura hasn't cried a bit! She fussed when I bathed her and cleaned her mouth. But other than that, she is playing with us and smiling and hugging and cuddling. I am in shock. When they left her with us she couldn't care less. It kind of worried me. You know, the attachment thing and all. But she seems to like all of us and loves to be played with.
She has a VERY difficult time eating. VERY. It just takes her so long and so much effort. I got a syringe and started feeding her with it, she seemed relieved. She opens her mouth and I put a tiny bit in her mouth and she works it to the back of her mouth and swallows. It takes a long time and I am sure that is some of the reason that she is so tiny. Meredith held her and cried as we fed her as we talked about the fact that she is almost 2 years old and struggles to eat!
She can crawl slowly and sit and stand while holding on to something. She loves to roll around on the floor or bed and play with her toys. She is totally interested in EVERYTHING she sees.
We are totally smitten! Thanks for all of your prayers and for sharing the excitement of our Gotcha Day.

2 comments:

Angel said...

She is so wonderful! I guess I better make sure I bring a syringe just in case huh? I never would have thought of that. It's a smart move. Good move momma. Angel

Amy said...

Tonya - She is such a perfect looking little peanut!!! Congrats!!! Amy in Arizona