February 12, 2008

We are Ready to Go!!

Hi all. We are ready to go. We leave home in 33 hours for the airport! Our bags are packed and the fridge is clean!!!! Meredith has to get a haircut, pick up his meds from the doctor, and load the van.

John Akiki, our friend, neighbor, and business partner, has graciously agreed to haul us to the airport in his 15 passenger van. 7 people and ALOT of suitcases!! We leave at 3am Thursday morning and our plane leaves at 7:50am CST.

My cousin and best friend, Karla Sessions, called me from Wal Mart today to see if I needed one last thing and I did!! Playdough. I kept forgetting to buy playdough. Well, Karla delivered it to my doorstep today, and wouldn't take a dime for it. She hasn't a clue how much that playdough will help me out with 3 little kids on a 13 hour plane ride. And that doesn't count the 3 hour flight to San Francisco and the 3 hour flight to Lanzhou on either side on the 13 hour ride!

It is very surreal right now. I just can't hardly believe that we will have Laura in our arms in less that 5 days!

Continue to pray for us please and follow our journey. It will be an exciting one, I promise!

Blessings to all.

1 comment:

Rebel said...

Make sure you have the camera and camera cord packed ... because I am holding my breath until I see little Laura in your arms!!!!

This is so exciting... I can't wait!!!!!!!

Hugs to you all! Have a safe flight! Rebel