February 17, 2008

Pizza and Pictures





I almost forgot to post some things from yesterday. After we got Laura, our guide took us to have a family picture (me, meredith, and laura) and Laura's passport picture made. We sat down on the stools for the pic and Sally (our guide) and the photographer laughed. They then moved the camera backwards and laughed again. They were talking to each other and Meredith and I laughed. We knew the problem and knew they were wondering how to tell us. The problem is that we are so BIG they couldn't get us all in the pic and we needed to move backwards too. We asked them so they wouldn't have to ask us and they smiled. We moved and we all laughed together!! Laughter is a universal language and is good for the spirit!


After our picture, Sally took us to the Pizza Mira. We had so much fun. The pizza, no kidding, was better than in the US and we had coke with it. No one was brave enough to eat a salad but we munched on the Pizza!


Sally is very interesting and she told us alot about herself , her husband, aand her life here in China. She and Bradley really hit it off and they went shopping again after delivering us back to the hotel. I get a little nervous letting Bradley go off without me in a foriegn country but he love it and he has to grow up sometime. What a wonderful experience for him.
I accidentally added the same pic twice and don't know how to cut it so look at Bradley in one and John in the other!! Boy are we learning to go with the flow!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Sis! We are loving the pictures! We told Carrie Grace that you had her new cousin now, and she said, "Good, we will take her to Nene's and I will teach her to play with the cats and climb in the hay." Glad things are going well and Grandaddy got to eat. We pray absolute wellness over Laura, and rest for you all. I'm EXPLODING inside! I love you guys!
Aunt Jonya
PS, Can she say "Jonya", yet?

Debbie M said...

Hi Tonya,
I am a fellow CHIer but I do not know you that well if at all. But I wanted to tell you that I love your blog and I really like how you are trying to reach people for God through it. Anyway in church this morning we were singing the song "Indescribable." Our church puts the words on the overhead. But then the overhead stopped working. I don't know the words so I just started to pray for your precious daughter. When the words on the overhead came back I noticed that the songwriter was called Laura Story. I really think that God was telling me (to tell you of course) that Laura's story was, is, and will be indescrible, just like his love for us!!

Take Care,

Debbie M

Debbie M said...

Hi Tonya,
I am a fellow CHIer but I do not know you that well if at all. But I wanted to tell you that I love your blog and I really like how you are trying to reach people for God through it. Anyway in church this morning we were singing the song "Indescribable." Our church puts the words on the overhead. But then the overhead stopped working. I don't know the words so I just started to pray for your precious daughter. When the words on the overhead came back I noticed that the songwriter was called Laura Story. I really think that God was telling me (to tell you of course) that Laura's story was, is, and will be indescrible, just like his love for us!!

Take Care,

Debbie M

Jennifer said...

Tonya.......WOW!!! It sounds like you all are having so much fun and enjoying your sweet little girl. I love the pictures and I am so excited for you. I think my favorite one is the one with the boys all looking at Laura. The smiles on all of your faces are great!!! Hayden enjoyed looking at the pictures with me. He had lots of questions. He wanted to know if you were speaking Chinese since you were in China........hehehehe.

Can't wait to see you when you get back. We are praying!!
Love,
Jenn

Unknown said...

HI Guys she is wonderful ....John, Will and Luke I hope yall are having a great time....I just got off the phone with MIMI i am going to target to buy all the little girl clothes i can....what size do you think she is? dont worry John, Will and Luke i will get you a suprise too...Much Love to yall ...i cant wait to hold her...

Unknown said...

Oh yeah Love Liz

Judy S said...

Hey Lindsey's, How about that girl?
She is so pretty! I can't wait to hold her. The Lord sure has had me praying for you. Isn't He so good at taking care of His children. May He strenghthen you and keep you from sickness. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Much love,
Judy S